We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Crowdsignal, Happy Tools, and more. We are proud to be a distributed company, with more than 1,100 Automatticians in 75 countries (and counting), speaking over 90 different languages.
How much do people at Automattic get paid?
The average estimated annual salary, including base and bonus, at Automattic is $94,037, or $45 per hour, while the estimated median salary is $102,557, or $49 per hour.
At Automattic, the highest paid job is a Sales Manager at $122,848 annually and the lowest is a CS Rep at $45,345 annually. Average Automattic salaries by department include: Customer Support at $58,247, Marketing at $87,271, Communications at $73,490, and HR at $101,865. Half of Automattic salaries are above $102,557.
Source - Comparably
Automattic Benefits & Perks
- Professional Development · “I will never stop learning” is part of our company creed. We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Career Coaching · Coaching sessions to help you set and achieve professional goals are available for all Automatticians – team members and team leads. This benefit resets each calendar year.
- Time off · Our open vacation policy (no set number of days per year) is designed to help you to be at your best! There is no minimum or maximum, but we encourage you to take at least 25 days of time off per year.
- Home Office · We offer home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- Life Insurance · Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Parental leave · Open parental leave (including maternity, paternity, LGBTQ+, and adoption for all parents). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave up to 6 months is fully paid.
- Anniversary Awards · WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. Paid three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Wellness · Expense a monthly subscription to a mindfulness app, such as Calm, Headspace, Ten Percent Happier, Waking Up.