Technical Writer (Contract)
Remote Job Description
Documentation is at the core of Notion’s API — thousands of developers visit our developer site every day to learn how to use our APIs to build new and interesting integrations. Our developer site includes API references, guides, examples, and code samples to help guide our developers on their journey.
In this role you’ll be responsible for writing documentation for new APIs, revamping existing documentation and guides, and creating new code samples.
What You'll Achieve:
- Write content for developers.notion.com, including reference documentation, tutorials, and other educational material for the developer audience.
- Continuously work to improve our documentation by identifying and addressing content gaps.
- Understand the needs of our community, coalesce their use cases, and write sample code to help inspire developers on their journey.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Be passionate about writing, both reference documentation and long form content, with an ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Have a technical background with familiarity with REST APIs with the ability to write clean code samples.
- A portfolio of technical writing you have done in the past.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience writing technical documentation for an enterprise platform.