A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs. As a Technical Program Manager, you will lead software engineering projects in one of our core programming languages. You will also influence teams that design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software. In addition, you will plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders.
Google Ads is helping power the open internet with the best technology that connects and creates value for people, publishers, advertisers, and Google. We’re made up of multiple teams, building Google’s Advertising products including search, display, shopping, travel and video advertising, as well as analytics. Our teams create trusted experiences between people and businesses with useful ads. We help grow businesses of all sizes from small businesses, to large brands, to YouTube creators, with effective advertiser tools that deliver measurable results. We also enable Google to engage with customers at scale.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$201,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to understand or identify defined work problems and program goals, obtain prioritized deliverables, and discuss program impact.
- Prioritize program goals, understand and translate other stakeholders’ needs into program goals and prioritized deliverables with minimal assistance, and contribute to decisions on prioritizing goals and deliverables.
- Define the scope of projects and develop, execute, and/or manage project plans for supported program(s).
- Review key metrics pertaining to a program, monitor potential metric deviations, and define corrective actions for critical deviations.
- Identify, communicate, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders within one or more teams to drive impact and work toward mutual goals.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience working with data analytics tools and reporting platforms.
- Experience with software development.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Experience with data, data architecture, modeling, trends analysis, statistics and program evaluations.
- Experience with release management lifecycles and project milestones.
- Experience managing execution and high quality product delivery. Experience with workflow automation.
- Experience with Ads, Display or UX. Experience in Java, C++, Python, SQL, R, and/or Tableau.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.