At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." UX Programs & Operations at Google drive projects within our UX organizations by increasing communication and connection points, streamlining the UX design process, and driving a culture of user centered development.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a UX Program Manager (UX Programs & Operations), you will combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help your team improve the design of products that are used by billions of users. You’ll plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, create actionable insights, and ensure projects meet deadlines. You’ll harmonize the work of UX Designers, Researchers, Content Strategists, UX Engineers, and other UX disciplines, while also working closely with our Engineering and Product Manager cross-functional partners, to drive UX team objectives and create innovative experiences for our business, products, and users.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $149,000-$236,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Drive the vision for operational excellence across UX teams to deliver the highest level of trust-building and strategic counsel across large scale, high impact projects, while driving strong collaborative relationships with appropriate stakeholders across program work.
- Develop program roadmaps and establish user-centered project goals in line with long-term objectives.
- Oversee critical efforts for broader or cross-functional projects, programs, and strategies.
- Advocate for the establishment of key UX metrics that drive a culture of user-centered development across a wide range of program work.
- Manage large, complex programs while turning chaos into an efficient organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing and scaling UX related programs. 10 years of experience driving operational efforts across organizations.
- Experience with UX disciplines and user-centered development tools and methodologies.
- Experience analyzing data and leveraging insights to develop solutions. Experience improving the velocity/productivity of teams, products, and systems.
- Experience with the product development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and issues.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.