The Privacy Sandbox initiative aims to create technologies that both protect people's privacy online and give companies and developers tools to build thriving digital businesses. The Privacy Sandbox reduces cross-site and cross-app tracking while helping to keep online content and services free for all.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another.
As part of this team, you will focus on reducing passive fingerprinting and making existing Web APIs and primitives more private without breaking the web or regressing performance.
You will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.Additional Information
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $142,000 - $153,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining and/or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience building software for data privacy or security (e.g., identity and access management).
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Design APIs and systems to enhance privacy on the web and Android.
- Change or remove existing APIs to be more privacy-safe.
- Participate in standards discussions about the future direction of the web.
- Ramp up and be productive in various parts of the web and Android stack.
- Mentor and support engineering team members.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.