We’re looking for an experienced generalist to join our Business Operations team and embed in our Go-To-Market organization. Zapier’s on a mission to democratize automation. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach. This role will work on a wide variety of Marketing, Sales and Success, and Support projects and making sure those teams deliver on their targets is key.
This role will be our first embedded and dedicated biz ops person supporting our go-to-market leaders and functions. To-date, we’ve been a generalist org that flexes in the business, but this role will spend 90% of their time with one department’s leadership team.
If you’re interested in growing your career at a profitable, high-growth company, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re a skilled generalist. We’re looking for an internal consultant who can get up to speed quickly on a wide range of company projects. We're looking for someone with 6-10+ years of experience as a consultant, in software biz ops or strategy and planning functions, or as an entrepreneur. You’ll need to be effective in a unfamiliar areas quickly. You also need to be able to transition quickly from big picture strategic thinking to tactical execution. This role will rely on you for both.
Low ego: Nothing is “not my job”. Our Biz Ops team is a collection of generalists who can work across the organization, but we also have a T-shape
to our experiences that complement each other. We do things that don’t scale, so that we can figure out how to make them work at scale.
You believe relationships are critical to success. This role will be responsible for outcomes of projects but will have no direct-line manager authority. You need to be able to help teams deliver their best work and accomplish their goals without relying on org-structure authority. You'll influence through ideas, facts, and data.
You’re comfortable holding folks accountable. You’ll be an “impartial” voice in the room for weekly and monthly business reviews and expected to hold the team leaders accountable to business results and outcomes.
You are excited to collaborate and improve planning processes. Zapier believes in implementing the minimum process needed in order to accomplish what the business needs to get done. That means that in biz ops, we need to balance the need for process as an enablement and aligning device while knowing that running a perfect process isn’t the goal. Rather, our goal is ensuring that the team operates effectively and accomplishes theirs.
You’re data-focused. Zapier is a data-driven organization and we need this person to help guide conversations. If you need data you should be able to self serve much of it and ask the Data team well-formed questions when you need something deeper. If there’s no data person on the call, you should be the most data-comfortable person participating. You’ll be expected to be able to do your own reporting and analysis regularly, with support from the data team on the hardest problems.
You understand the importance of speed and iteration. You should have a bias for delivering work as fast as possible. Once you get feedback, you should be comfortable iterating (or even wholesale throwing out) your prior work in the face of new information. This team spends lots of time on new concepts so being willing to try new things in short periods of time is more valuable than perfecting things over longer time horizons.
You’re an excellent written communicator. We’re a 100% remote team, and writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier, so this bullet appears in most jobs. It’s even more critical here. This role will often need to write company-wide communication on a mix of important and sometimes nuanced subjects. You need to be clear, concise, and understand that the reader’s time is more valuable than your own.
Things You’ll Do
By definition, this role will have varying responsibilities. This is a list of some that have come up recently. You might do some or all of these types of things, but is not a comprehensive list and you may not do all of them.
- Support GTM leadership to build and improve their operating cadences, including their leadership meetings, cascading internal comms, and reporting rituals. GTM leadership includes our CRO and leaders of Marketing, Sales & Success, Support, Partnerships, and Revenue Operations.
- Partner with GTM leadership to set and execute our GTM strategy as part of our our quarterly and semi-annual planning cycles.
- Support GTM functional leaders and their direct reports through our planning cycles, including setting goals, building roadmaps, and communicating our plans.
- Facilitate weekly and monthly business reviews and hold senior leaders accountable to their commitments and results. Be an impartial voice in the room.
- Support the leader of a cross-functional strategic initiative on anything that makes them more effective.
- Build a deep understanding of the Zapier user journey (user funnel) and the User behavior on both sides of our marketplace. Dig into data to understand why a particular market segment is converting so well (or poorly). Then, help the projects that you’re working on pull the right levers.
- Drive an internal project with internal participants and stakeholders and executive review.
- Help GTM operational leader make decisions around tools. For example, have we outgrown a particular tool? Should we consolidate competing tools around the company?
The Whole Package
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on time zones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Take the time you need to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 10 days off each year. Most of us take 25 days off per year for vacation & holidays, plus whatever sick time we need.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.