Think of this role as the leader of a mini in-house social media agency. As the Social Media Team Lead, you will lead the team of four social media managers responsible for the brand’s organic social media presence on various platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok) across all of Semrush’s key markets.
We expect you to:
- Own and refine the social media plan and its associated budget across campaigns & channels to achieve our ambitious goals and look for ways to grow even further.
- Launch, optimize, and facilitate the team’s processes and initiatives that help to move the team forward toward ambitious goals.
- ‘Hands-on’ support for English-speaking-region social media initiatives.
- Be the main point of contact in the social media team for internal customers across various brand and product marketing teams.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends, best practices, and technologies.
- Propose new ideas and organize experiments to improve Semrush’s social media presence.
Who we are looking for
We think that these types of experience and competencies will help our future colleague to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience in social media marketing.
- 2+ years of experience leading a social media team.
- You are fluent in English with exceptional writing skills, correct grammar, and an appreciation for the power of tone, brevity, and microcopy.
- You have a combination of creative, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
- You have a strong portfolio of cases in a related field that you are proud of.
- You are a social media geek on top of the latest social channels and trends and are creative and detail-oriented.
- You have a keen eye for content, and you can quickly understand what type of content is meaningful, appropriate, and valuable in each situation or on each platform.
- Highly creative, ‘hands-on’ leader who embraces ambiguity and defines a way forward.
- The agility at one moment to discuss strategy and planning, and the next to execute it.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have ever used Semrush and are familiar with our social media efforts.
- Have a passion for, or are proficient in, digital marketing.
- Have experience working with international teams.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
The Social Media Team is in charge of defining the strategy, creating content, and promoting brand and product campaigns on social media channels.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- This offer stands for the remote work format. Digital nomadism, #wfh—call it what you like ;).
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Annual leave as per the employment legislation of the country of stay (employment).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media, and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We’ve been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2’s Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and many more. In March 2021, Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition, including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.