The localization team at Spotify is putting together a group of internationalization experts to help define, develop and guide the way internationalization is done across Spotify. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, fun, and innovative teams in the industry, as we work to advance the field of internationalization engineering at Spotify and support the needs of international users. If you are passionate about internationalization and localization, have experience working at the intersection of technology and culture, and are looking to take your career to the next level, then come join our outstanding localization team at Spotify!
As part of our internationalization engineering effort, we are looking for a Senior Internationalization Engineer with a focus on web technologies. The ideal individual will have an understanding of internationalization standards, resources, libraries, frameworks, and best practices for the web, as well as practical experience developing internationalization solutions for localization websites and web applications. They should also be familiar with continuous integration and deployment systems and know-how to integrate internationalization/localization into existing build and testing processes.
What you'll do
- Define, document, and promote internationalization standards and best practices. Write RFCs, specifications and guidelines for internationalization.
- Assist with the development of international-focused UI components and the localization of other components.
- Produce internationalization education and training resources. Lead internationalization training opportunities and incorporate internationalization into developer onboarding.
- Architect, implement, and maintain internationalization tooling and infrastructure.
- Mentor and assist product engineers with the practical internationalization of frontend services. Serve as an expert resource for internationalization.
- Analyze and review internationalization projects. Specify internationalization acceptance criteria for different stages in the development life cycle.
- Help prioritize and resolve internationalization issues. Assist with internationalization issue triaging and resolution.
- Collaborate with other localization team members to collect data and communicate the impact of internationalization and localization.
Who you are
- 3+ years of practical experience in professional frontend development, with an emphasis on React/Next.js applications. Understanding of CI/CD systems.
- Deep understanding of Unicode, CLDR, BCP 47 and other internationalization standards and best practices.
- Proven track record to architect and implement internationalization systems, tools, frameworks and services. Able to take a broad approach to internationalization solution development.
- Experience with TMS, CMS, CAT tools and various resource and transfer formats (e.g. .properties files and XLIFF).
- A high degree of cultural awareness. Knowledge of different languages, scripts, and cultural/national conventions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work optimally with engineers, architects, and engineering management.
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment
- Experience working in a distributed team, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger organization.
- Familiarity with consumer-facing or B2B product development in an agile context. Experience working with engineers, PgMs, PMs and LQA engineers
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.