Senior Server Backend Engineer
- Full Time
Remote Job Description
Spry Fox is looking for a Senior Server/Backend Engineer to join our team and help us build an original, non-violent MMO! You’ll work alongside a small team of extraordinarily talented and thoughtful people who are building our game server and backend, bringing players together and ensuring that things run smoothly.
- You will direct the architecture of both backend services and game servers for a large-scale, non-violent, cozy MMO.
- You will work closely with artists, designers, and other engineers to implement new game features across the server and backend service layers.
- You will coordinate web service and game server deployments (and scaling) across dozens of machines and hundreds of processes ensuring maximum stability and a smooth player experience.
- You will be responsible for the security of the studio’s publicly accessible services and game servers.
- You will be responsible for designing and maintaining the systems that persist data from thousands of requests per second across hundreds of servers.
- You are familiar with Python, containerization and container orchestration.
- You are fluent in C++ and comfortable implementing and improving gameserver features (like networking and data storage).
- You have worked on one or more shipped MMO projects and have a deep understanding of the entire tech stack.
- You have the ability to communicate with all team members, including artists, programmers, and designers on the many tradeoffs required to build an MMO.
NICE TO HAVE
- Our game client uses Unreal Engine, some experience would be a bonus.