We are looking for a senior infrastructure engineer with Kubernetes, Terraform, and Java experience to join our team of hardworking engineers that share a common interest in big data, distributed backend systems, ML, and data analysis. By joining the Learning Infrastructure organization, you’ll be a key contributor to making the systems that power our large-scale data processing, insights, and machine learning efforts more reliable. Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences music.
The Analytics Platform teams within Learning Infrastructure enable the discovery, analysis, and publishing of data analysis throughout Spotify. The ‘Analytics’ team build tools to help data practitioners effectively leverage Spotify’s data into actionable insights and models.
Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify
What you'll do
- Design, build and maintain services used to provision and service analytics environments across Spotify
- Continually improve existing Kubernetes infrastructure to more effectively handle stateful processes
- Maintain system architecture documentation and runbooks
- Build, automate, maintain, scale, and monitor user-facing systems using standard methodologies, with reliability and scalability in mind
- Collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and designers to identify and solve exciting problems, crafting an awesome engineering experience within Spotify
- You’ll initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within Spotify
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks
Who you are
- You have experience with Kubernetes and managing clusters in production using tools like Terraform
- You have experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- You have experience with monitoring and setting SLIs/SLOs of services
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines and managing Docker-based container environments
- You have experience with Java and its tooling ecosystem
- You know how to write distributed, well-designed services
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- As a great influencer with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.