Senior Cybersecurity Strategic Consultant
- Full Time
- Cyber Security
Remote Job Description
Mandiant Security Consulting Services ensures the long-term success of our clients by providing talented, passionate, and specialized security expertise. Our Consultants partner with our clients to evaluate, create, develop, improve, and mature information security operations and programs. By utilizing the latest industry standards and combining experience and knowledge gained from Mandiant Incident Response, Intelligence and Managed Defense practices, we are able to develop defense forward information security programs for our clients.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Strategic Consultant, you will be responsible for helping our clients assess, design and build effective security programs. As an established trusted advisor, you will span operational, technical, and strategic levels and tasks that address difficult problems that businesses are facing when building out and improving their security programs.
At Mandiant, you’ll be working with and managing experts in the industry and faced with complex problem-solving opportunities daily. We help our clients protect their sensitive and valuable data through comprehensive and real-world assessments.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
- Lead execution of consulting engagements and development of deliverables from start to finish, leading teams in analyzing requirements and working closely with other team members to produce prioritized results aligned to client needs and risk profile.
- Provide guidance on transforming cyber security programs/implementation of technologies used for enterprise security. Provide expert advice on best practices for managing the cyber security risks during digital transformation as organizations adopt cloud, DevOps, and new architecture frameworks (e.g., containerization, microservices, and zero trust).
- Provide guidance on building/transforming cyber defense programs including incident, crisis management, threat hunting, threat intelligence, and detection development.
- Conduct security reviews and maturity assessments across technology, business teams to address cyber risk, and provide clear and organized risk findings/recommendations to clients.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Toronto, ON, Canada; Waterloo, ON, Canada; Montreal, QC, Canada.
Remote location(s): Ontario, CA; Quebec, CA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with key security program functions including cyber defense operations, incident response, security architecture (e.g., network and endpoint security), identity and access management, vulnerability management, or cyber risk management.
- 3 years of experience with cloud security.
- Certifications in Cloud (e.g., CCSP, CCSK, etc.), or other industry certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.).
- 2 years of experience with cloud computing concepts and how security controls are applied to those cloud-based technologies
- Knowledge of infrastructure, operating system and application vulnerabilities, security architecture, and controls.
- Knowledge of technologies used in penetration testing, security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, network and endpoint architecture, or other SecOps areas.
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape.
- Ability to successfully interface (verbal and written) with clients in a concise manner while managing expectations at executive and technical levels.