Senior Analyst, Strategic Intelligence and Government
- Full Time
- $100K - $200K
Remote Job Description
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000-$189,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Evaluate current and emerging tools and best-practices for tracking advanced persistent threats, tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attacker’s motivations, industry, and attacker trends.
- Perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats.
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups, the methodologies they use, and the motivations behind their activity.
- Convey both verbally and in writing the importance of findings for a variety of audiences.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and reports to the client’s executives, security team, or fellow analysts.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles.
Remote location: Maryland, USA.
- 5 years of experience in an analytical role (e.g., network forensics analyst, intelligence threat analyst, or security engineer/consultant, etc.) in a customer facing environment.
- Executive Stakeholder management experience in areas such as reporting, presenting, and using data to inform decisions.
- US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information security clearance.
- Experience in evaluating host and network forensic reports in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise level information security operations.
- Experience with standard network logging formats, network management systems and network security monitoring systems, security information and event management, network packet analysis tools, and forensic analysis tools.
- Experience in deploying and analyzing data from technical security controls, to include network and host-based solutions.
- Experience in the processing, and analysis of tactical (technical) CTI within an operational environment, supporting monitoring, detection, and response capabilities.
- Functional understanding of CTI methodologies and application concepts.