Security Engineer, Incident Management
- Full Time
- $100K - $200K
Remote Job Description
The Cloud CISO organization aims to be an ally to global Google Cloud customers and partner security teams, enabling them to protect their Cloud environments better than they could independently or with any other cloud service provider.
As a Security Engineer, you will give customers and partner security teams timely aid when security and trust incidents happen. You will analyze threat intelligence to prepare for pertinent threats and for countermeasures to be tailored. You will create insights and influence cloud strategy to perform defense and governance roles in Google Cloud more effectively. You will guide stakeholders, internally and externally, through cyber security incidents.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $133,000-$194,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Serve as the Incident Commander during Google Cloud related security incidents to coordinate and drive resolution on a diverse range of cyber security incidents.
- Interface with critical Google Cloud customers and public organizations as part of a global team that provides mitigations and support.
- Develop excellence in Incident Management through tools and infrastructure and preparing teams across Google through exercises and training.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis during nights and weekends.
- Improve information security and privacy of Google’s products and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with incident or emergency response coordination.
- Experience in technical systems administration, software engineering, digital forensics, security engineering, or privacy engineering.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with Python, Go, C/C++ and/or Java.
- Understanding of legal, information security and privacy frameworks, (e.g., ISO 27001 and Safe Harbor Frameworks).
- Ability to lead teams in ambiguous situations through influence and non-authority.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a data-driven analytical approach toward problem-solving challenges.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: California, USA; United States.