Program Manager, Compensation
- Full Time
- Program Manager
- $50K - $200K
Remote Job Description
It's an exciting time to join the Compensation Team at Netflix as we continue to expand! We have a unique approach to compensation here which helps us attract and retain stunning colleagues around the world. We pay employees at their personal top of market for the role we’re hiring them into by making a good-faith estimate of the highest compensation each employee could make at peer firms. We don’t rely on traditional frameworks like grades, levels or bands; personal top of market is role and individual-specific. This requires managers and talent to combine the data they have available from various sources with judgment about the direction the market is moving in order to make an individual compensation decision for each potential colleague. To do this effectively, we need a compensation team that can work without conventional compensation structures and enables our partners to determine the personal top of market for each individual using data, insights, and resources that we can provide. This requires a skill set that can balance both the art and science of compensation design.
We are growing our global compensation team and are hiring for a Compensation Program Manager focused primarily on the annual compensation review process. Due to our unique approach to compensation and roles at Netflix, this effort is a year-round activity. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of the review process from initial preparation all the way to final implementation of decisions. It includes involvement in the development of and planning around education materials, pay equity analysis, leveling efforts, range development, market matching, and communication with all required stakeholders, among other compensation-related activities In this role, you will collaborate with a range of partners including HRBPs, Talent Management, Inclusion Strategy, Talent Acquisition, Talent Experience Operations, and outside partners to ensure our programs are well executed.
In this role you will:
- Develop and manage the end-to-end annual compensation process for Netflix
- Support the development and timely rollout of any associated programs or policies tied to annual compensation review, including items such as pay equity, comp philosophy training, leveling efforts, range development, and communication.
- Partner with necessary stakeholders for ongoing awareness of program/project updates and opportunities for collaboration.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand the prior compensation review program experience and measurements for effectiveness.
- Identify and recommend improvements related to the the existing experience, designing for an inclusive and user centric approach partnering with our Comms and Talent Management teams to execute training materials.
- Conduct ongoing research to evaluate program effectiveness and strategize for future scalability and measurement of success.
- Work closely with our Talent Management and HRBP teams to provide ongoing leader and individual contributor education of our compensation review process, including organization readiness and change management.
What we are looking for:
- 6-10 years of experience managing global compensation programs at scale including annual compensation process ideally in a Workday environment
- Experience within a matrixed environment in project management or change management.
- Strong communication and engagement skills working in a highly cross-functional and collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tell a story with insights and trends
- Passion for compensation
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and be comfortable managing projects with some level of inconsistency
- Experience in the entertainment or tech industry is a plus
- Experience using Asana or other comparable project management tools
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000 - $335,000.