A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of the GCP Capacity Planning team, you will have the opportunity to grow Google’s Cloud business by providing and enabling capacity for excellent customer experiences while working with an amazing team. As a Program Manager, you will use your technical capabilities, business acumen, and creativity to enable decision-making for Google Cloud leadership. You will do this by working closely with Software Engineers, Sales Operations, Finance, Site Reliability Engineers, and Technical Program Managers to develop scalable fleet management and forecasting processes.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $118,000 - $127,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Support operations and analytic projects related to the allocation of compute and storage resources to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope.
- Work with partner teams to launch and deliver projects related to data architecture, process re-design around demand, and supply-side compute and storage resource management.
- Use technical judgment to drive project delivery, technology reviews, challenge proposals, and build consensus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience with capacity planning.
- Experience with data analysis and database management (e.g., SQL, Python, PLX, etc.).
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Experience with quantitative assessment and detailed analysis across multiple business and technical disciplines with attention to detail.
- Experience with supply chain management, demand planning, planning data center infrastructure, and/or capital investment decision-making.
- Knowledge of hardware or systems background to understand how technology changes influence.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.