Product Manager - Data Platform
- Full Time
- Product Manager
Remote Job Description
The Data Platform team builds and operates the capabilities that enable Plaid to make effective data-driven decisions. We know that the pace we can arrive at those decisions is directly related to the pace we can deliver a better product to our customers. To do so we target our efforts in several key areas:
-Quality and reliability of key business critical datasets
-Ability to build and iterate on machine learning models
-Ability to capture analytics efficiently and securely
-Systems and infrastructure supporting data at scale
In each of these areas, it is our responsibility to understand the related needs of the business and ultimately deliver the capabilities that will help us unlock the most value for our customers.
As our Data Platform PM you will help us identify, maintain, and incrementally deliver value on an evolving set of priorities in the Data Platform space. Doing so will require using all of the tools in your PM toolbox including understanding the needs of our customers, collecting and reporting on data, and developing the product artifacts (e.g., strategy, roadmaps, user stories, briefs) that keep the team engaged, aligned, and excited. Day to day you might find yourself conducting user interviews, participating in a backlog refinement session, writing a product brief, poking through product usage metrics, researching the data technology landscape, or updating our internal product documentation. Outside of the Data Platform space specifically, you’ll help us level-up PM best practices at Plaid to make sure they include your hard-won discoveries of what works and what doesn’t!
What excites you
- Understanding the internal users and consumers of data at Plaid
- Driving vision and strategy across our Data Platform offerings
- Developing roadmaps and specs that inform engineering on the most important problems to be solved
- Partnering with engineering teams to deliver solutions across organizational boundaries
- Building platforms that enable teams to build great products
- Defining how we measure the success of our products
- Engaging with the industry on platform trends and innovation
- Helping evolve our product culture, discipline, and practices
What excites us
- Your excitement about the power and potential of data!
- Experience in successfully building and shipping technical products or platforms
- Demonstrable understanding of data-related technologies at scale
- Expertise in data engineering, ML platforms, data analytics
- Strong empathy for customers -- both businesses and end-users
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations involving complex tradeoffs
- Comfort applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to measure success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5+ years of product management experience, ideally 3 or more specifically in the Data Platform space operating at a senior level.