Product Manager - Ad Formats
- Full Time
- Product Manager
- $200K - $300K
Remote Job Description
A key new lever for growth is our ads plan, representing a lower-cost entry point for consumers, and a new revenue stream for advertisers. As a Product Manager on the Consumer Product Innovation team, you will be responsible for introducing new and innovative ad formats.
You will be expected to design, strategize, execute, and prioritize projects. You should be comfortable at the hub of a fast-paced environment where you interface daily with cross-functional experts. You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead when there remain some critics and lead in the face of ambiguity.
In this role, you will tap into your creative, analytical, and execution strengths, and innovate on new ways for members to interact with brands and measure the value of that interaction. You will help invent, launch, and optimize new ad formats that feel relevant and engaging, and understand the implications of new formats, including viewer attention, advertiser outcomes, and member engagement and retention.
This role can be based out of our Los Angeles or Los Gatos office or in a remote location on West Coast/Pacific Standard Time. If remote-based, some travel may be required to Netflix offices.
As a Product Manager at Netflix, you will:
- Build a roadmap and take product concepts from idea through validation, shipping, measurement, and iteration.
- Author strategy memos and presentations and represent your team’s work to senior executives.
- Lead a team of stunning colleagues across design, engineering, consumer insights, and data science to deliver outstanding products to our customers.
- Build business cases and measure the impact of your product innovation, with your data science partners.
- Deeply understand and socialize the evolving needs of our customers, with your consumer insights and design partners.
As a Product Manager - Ad Formats, you:
- Are comfortable working on products with complex tradeoffs that span legal, business, consumer, and advertiser considerations.
- Have experience working on video-based ad platforms/products, and have a solid understanding of advertising, advertisers, and their goals and objectives, as well as consumer preferences, and concerns, with ads
- Ideally have specific experience creating and launching new ad formats, have knowledge of consumer privacy considerations, and have an understanding of the fundamentals of ads marketplaces, including targeting, bidding, and auction mechanisms
- Have functioned as the E2E owner of the product development life cycle from inception through planning to launch. Ability to work effectively across the organization and drive alignment
- Have strong business acumen, with proficiency in identifying, tracking and acting upon metrics, designing tests, and collaborating with data science partners.
- Have 6-8+ years of product management experience.
- Deliver a roadmap and execute on innovative and high-performing ad formats and consumer facing data collection and privacy controls.
- Drive rapid experimentation, and partner closely with CI and Data Science to bring together quantitative and qualitative insights, and help optimize and grow the marketplace.
- Collaborate closely with Ad Sales, Engineering, Design, and other Product Management teams to build the best possible products for our advertisers and members.
- Build deep customer understanding and empathy to discover and determine the right problems and products we are pursuing.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $200,000 - $700,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.