Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the representation of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Jigsaw is a team within Google that forecasts and confronts emerging threats, conducting pioneering research and demonstrating the power of emerging technology to keep our world safer. Jigsaw’s research and experiments have helped keep the company one step ahead of critical issues, and we partner with teams throughout the company to integrate insights into core products. Our model centers around collaboration with both external and internal partners to build and scale our research, technology, and programs. Among our current focus areas are disinformation, online toxicity and harassment, violent extremism, and free expression.In this role, you will be responsible for helping to drive our brand and customer messaging initiatives. You will partner effectively with internal marketing teams, specialists teams, creative, media agencies, and production partners, to develop successful go-to-market tactics. You will collaborate closely with Jigsaw’s research, partnerships, and product teams to identify opportunities for amplification.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience in marketing management
- Experience managing cross-functional projects
- Experience managing stakeholder engagement/partnerships with executive or director-level management
- Experience managing multiple integrated marketing campaigns with attention to detail while also keeping in mind broader strategy/goals
- Experience managing complex and fluid projects, problem-solving and proactively navigating ambiguity
- Experience in thought leadership and relationship management with internal stakeholders and external partners/agencies
- Experience in program management/operations
About the job
- Work across marketing, product, partnerships, and research on key campaigns, launches, and initiatives to grow awareness/consideration and preference among key opinion formers.
- Support multi-channel marketing efforts (e.g., campaigns, email, web, blogs, public relations assets) with content that speaks to Jigsaw and key stakeholders.
- Develop the go-to-market marketing strategy to help execute our campaigns (e.g., set goals, establish timings, key stakeholders and narrative, create content jointly with our partners, etc.).
- Implement, track, and prioritize project roadmaps and schedules for specific initiatives that align with the broader strategy for the Marketing team and remove roadblocks, identify risks, and propose mitigation plans.
- Determine actionable insights to inform product and marketing strategy. Surface qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product roadmap and messaging.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA.
Remote location(s): New York, USA.