- Full Time
- Customer Support
Remote Job Description
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Hotel Tonight team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be a part of the future of travel. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and that’s why we’re working so hard to build the world’s most loyal travel community.
The Difference You Will Make:
Hotel Tonight Specialists support our customers by ensuring our follow up procedures are being adhered to, escalated cases are handled with empathy and professionalism, high-level case decisions are made with both the business and user experience being taken into consideration, our partner teams are supported and coached in the moment. The CX specialist will utilize a variety of available tools to navigate, research, and review each situation and to communicate effective solutions.
A Typical Day:
- Provide guidance on difficult cases, high-risk situations, and coach to appropriate resolutions for HotelTonight customers and hotel partners.
- Handle escalated calls, and emails with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism while balancing the financial impact to the business.
- Meet performance expectations regularly and own time management efficiently to deal with different types of work assignments (tickets, queues, initiatives, reports, correspondence, stakeholder management, etc).
- Mastering and maintaining knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in HotelTonight.
- Fostering an empowering environment by coaching more junior agents and supporting decision making that will drive timely resolutions and/or positive guest experiences
- Support both users and hotels to resolve inventory, billing and booking issues in a non-scripted environment - ensuring a flawless guest experience and a swift resolution
- Make judgment calls in high-pressure situations while leaving customers delighted
- Respond to escalated issues both directly from the customer as well as from other departments.
- Utilize the various software to navigate customer information and current policies
- Act as a brand ambassador and live HotelTonight and Airbnb company values in every interaction
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude toward customers and colleagues at all times. Contribute to a positive work environment throughout all communications with global teammates, manager, and all other departments.
- Support our customers and CX goals by answering calls, or emails when wait times are longer than usual and service levels are below goal.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience providing customer support
- Strong verbal (phone, meeting and presentation), written (email, chat, reporting), and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for providing customers an exceptional experience while driving for results.
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken, to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Calm and Empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.