FedRamp Cloud Operations 1st Shift
- Mongo Db
- Full Time
Remote Job Description
Cloud Operations Engineers will be responsible for day-to-day duties such as creating and monitoring systems alert dashboards, reviewing critical event and system logs, accessing customer instances that underpin their production databases and performing server administration duties including performance troubleshooting. Applicants must be critical thinkers who are quick to detect, resolve, or escalate issues that are sometimes broad in scope and difficult to trace.
FedRamp engineers are specifically tasked with supporting our government customers in our FedRamp Atlas environment. This includes SLED (State and Local Government and Education), various federal agencies, and other customers that leverage FedRamp.
At MongoDB you will grow your career and skills, wear multiple hats, and be part of an operations team that works at the frontier of Cloud services and database systems.
This role can be based out of any of our North American offices or remotely in North America.
- Successfully coordinate with a global team of Cloud Operations Engineers who are tasked with ensuring our uptime guarantees to our Atlas customer base
- Help scale the worldwide Cloud Operations Engineering team with the strategic implementation of new processes and tools
- Assist in scoping, designing and deploying systems that reduce Mean Time to Resolve for customer incidents
- Monitor and detect emerging customer-facing incidents on the Atlas platform; assist in their proactive resolution
- Automate routine monitoring and troubleshooting tasks
- Diagnose live incidents, differentiate between platform issues versus usage issues, and take the next steps toward resolution
- Cooperate with our product management and cloud engineering organizations by identifying areas for improvement in the management applications powering the Atlas infrastructure
- Inform executive leadership and escalation management personnel of major outages
- Work First Shift: 7am-4pm EST
- Experience with being an on call DevOps, SRE, or Cloud Operations engineer (at least 2 years)
- Expertise with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting
- Expertise with networking technologies like DNS, TCP/IP, etc
- Knowledge of database operations and concepts
- Knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and other Cloud infrastructure platforms (e.g. GCP, Azure)
- Experience in monitoring, system performance data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Capability to write small programs/scripts to solve both short-term systems problems
- A CS/CE degree or equivalent experience
- A keen interest in learning new things
- Be a US Person on US soil (i.e. U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee living and working in the United States)
- Willingness and ability to participate in pager duty rotations during nights, weekends and holidays (approximately one out of every six weeks), at least during an initial ramping period (and potentially permanently)
Nice To Have