Director Program Management
- Full Time
- Program Manager
Remote Job Description
As the Director of Program Management, you will be accountable for the outcomes and success of key initiatives to ensure successful execution of Airbnb’s multi-year plan. This stream of work will oversee the coordination and delivery of major projects and programs, especially those with enterprise impact. We’re looking for a proven leader who is ready to work cross-functionally and whose success will require seamlessly blending human-centric and analytic problem solving. This leader will report directly to the Director of Global Operations Strategy & Operations. This individual must come with experience working with seasoned executives, and be able to work with and influence people across entire organizations throughout Airbnb.
We are looking for a thought leader that anticipates and influences internal/external business and/or industry issues that have an impact on a significant organization function or part of the Airbnb business. with expertise in leveraging data to identify business growth and partnership opportunities while optimizing operational levers. You will sit at the intersection of operations, product and data teams, and work collaboratively to achieve highly impactful outcomes via joint roadmap planning, shared measurement scorecard, and business reviews.
Who You Are:
- A thought leader that anticipates and influences internal/external business and/ or industry issues that have an impact on a significant organization function or part of the Airbnb business.
- Strategic thinker who clearly sees the big picture and helps others connect dots to deliver the future.
- Strong sense of urgency for and commitment to Airbnb’s mission of belonging.
- Storyteller who uses data and insights to frame narratives to bring others along the journey.
- Strong communicator with experience in facilitation and influence across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions.
- Recognized as a deep subject matter expert in portfolio management and requires broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories or trends within this field
- Proactively identifies and solves problems that impact the management and direction of the business
- May participate in the development of Function or BU strategy
- Impacts business direction through the development of innovative services or products
A Typical Day:
- Utilize program management best practices to ensure successful execution of strategic initiatives
- Lead and inspire a team of project and program managers to meet and exceed business objectives
- As part of the Global Operations leadership team, participate and have direct influence on its strategic direction
- Implement, oversee, and synthesize learnings from PMO-wide processes and initiatives (steercos, business reviews, deep-dives, etc.).
- Partner with operations and business leads across service operations, trust, policy, quality, product managers, data and technology teams to drive operations focused integration of business data roadmap of high importance initiatives across the company to support current and anticipated future needs. Raise awareness and ensure appropriate action towards strategic opportunities
- Navigate the global and matrix organization effectively - knows where, how, when and with whom to interact to drive results
- Negotiates with senior leadership, customers or vendors to influence decisions
- Consistently contributes to cultural activities, often in a leadership or team lead role
- 15+ years experience in program management, portfolio management, and project management methods and techniques, development life cycle disciplines, including risk and issue evaluation, and development and implementation of sophisticated project work plans
- Strategy, business operations and consulting experience a plus
- Business knowledge and experience working on strategic and operational projects
- Ability to quickly make sound decisions in ambiguous situations, leveraging knowledge of the business and stakeholder support
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, manage and execute multiple concurrent projects
- Deep experience managing multi-partner projects and expert at aligning and managing team processes and multiple large projects
- Strategic planning expertise, along with demonstrable experience in project/program management
- Experience building, enhancing and maintaining process management
- Experience building a high caliber PMO team to drive proactive improvements across project management
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset; leads by example
- Able to partner across global, matrixed, and cross-functional teams
- Able to maintain confidentiality and objectivity
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.