Data Center Program Management Office Lead
- Full Time
- Program Manager
- $200K - $300K
Remote Job Description
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $203,000-$299,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Coordinate cross-functional initiatives with emphasis on efficient Capacity Delivery.
- Be responsible for the assignment of the Program Management Office (PMO) team members on each initiative and set expectations for turnaround time and quality.
- Work directly with the Partner Organizations, Data Center Delivery and Engineering (DCDE) Teams, Finance Controllers, and Supply Chain Managers to deliver on strategies.
- Perform risk assessments, and identify risk issues, and mitigation measures.
- Recruit and staff the estimating team.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Midlothian, TX, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): California, USA; Texas, USA.
- 15 years of experience in construction or engineering with experience in Data Centers or mission critical environment
- 5 years of experience in Owner organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Project Management
- Experience identifying and developing end-to-end processes within a Program Management Office (PMO) environment
- Understanding of Data Center construction and technology, people managers, managing third-parties, project schedules, value engineering, cost control, project management, and estimating principles
- Ability to lead technical and non-technical teams