- Full Time
Remote Job Description
As Controller, you will have responsibility for providing the financial source of record and helping communicate the company’s financial results.. You will revise and implement financial controls and systems that enable Uscreen to operate efficiently. You will handle everything from paying bills and ensuring timely tax filings to providing financial reporting and developing systems for procurement. Over time, you will implement systems and tools to ensure our operations as well scale. This role will report directly to the CEO.
Our current team is lean, composed of two full-time teammates in Financial Operations and an external Accounting firm, which we want to bring in-house. This is an ideal role for someone with a strong accounting background who is hungry, scrappy, strategic and has a high degree of ownership.
🚀 What you’ll do
- Own the general ledger and perform monthly close and account reconciliations
- Ensure timely, accurate revenue reporting & expense controls
- Monitor accounts receivable, ensure payables are processed and facilitate relationships with vendor and outside parties.
- Design, implement, and manage a cross-department procurement policy
- Supervise and audit payroll and employee benefit programs
- Support the annual financial planning process, and track and report on financial metrics that drive the company financial models.
- Work with business-unit leaders to prepare and track budgets with regular reporting
- Identify opportunities and take action for improving business performance
🔥 Do you have what it takes?
- 6+ years of accounting and finance experience in SaaS companies is required.
- Experience working at a start-up that through scale as part of a high-caliber Finance and Accounting function.
- Management experience is a strong-plus.
- Eager, curious, thoughtful and hands-on leader, with a willingness to get in the weeds. No job is below you.
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills
- Understanding of GAAP financials and SaaS revenue recognition and current CPA.
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable you to collaborate cross-functionally – with business-unit leaders and executives
- Excellent presentation & writing ability that allows you to communicate your ideas effectively
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment under short timelines and changing priorities
✔️ Our commitment to you
- We will compensate you competitively.
- 100% Remote – Work from wherever your heart desires, as long as you have access to stable internet and a conducive workspace.
- Our flexible, unlimited PTO policy encourages every team member to take the time they need to unwind and recharge.
- We also offer flexible parental leave.
- Your home office should be ergonomic and inspirational to help you make some magic. We’ll give you a generous WFH stipend to help you set one up.
- And if WFH is not for you, we’re happy to pay for your coworking space.
- We’re proud to offer personal development and mental wellness stipend.
- We host virtual social events and company retreats filled with fun activities to ensure you feel part of Uscreen.