- Full Time
Remote Job Description
As our first Community Manager, you’ll be involved in designing and executing the initial roadmap for community-led growth at Uscreen. This role will be customer-facing and extremely cross-functional within the Marketing Department and full Uscreen team.
The Community Manager will build upon our mission to go beyond technology and create professional creators. You will build high-value customer relationships and peer engagement, playing a critical role in customer acquisition and retention, and will work closely with the rest of the Uscreen team to increase our visibility as industry thought leaders.
🚀 What you’ll do
- Build a community-led growth strategy to build a community that can nurture prospects and new leads, acquire new customers, increase retention, and foster user success
- Maintain and create content for Uscreen’s owned communities, including our Facebook group and customer community, that will encourage conversations between our community members
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve customer education and work with Customer Marketing and Content Marketing teams to distribute content through community
- Maintain engagement through moderated responses and weekly conversation prompts (Marketing Mondays, Tip Tuesdays, Win Wednesdays, etc) on owned communities and social media channels and actively participate in social media to expand our community reach
- Develop a strategy to amplify our customer voice through customer advocacy on review sites and social media
- Distribute content through strategic social media channels to grow our community reach and brand awareness
- Facilitate high-engaged communities of creators and use those communities to drive value to the company
- Lead, host, and participate in virtual events and in-person conferences and user events and meetups. Up to 10-20% travel may be required.
- Identify, engage and build rapport with contributors, experts, influencers and event partners to establish third party validation and further amplify with speaking engagements and community-focused thought leadership initiatives
- Create and execute on custom engagement activations for various verticals within the Uscreen user community
- Impact product development by developing mechanisms for sharing community insights to internal teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders of Success, Support, Product, Growth, and Marketing to continually expand and execute on the Uscreen community initiatives
🔥 Do you have what it takes?
- Prior experience in customer-facing roles
- Minimum 3-4 years building online and in-person communities
- Preferred: Experience building a community of creators or managing a community for a creator
- World-class storytelling and written/verbal communication skills
- Creative solution-oriented problem solver
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple ongoing work streams simultaneously
- A passion for SMBs and the Creator Economy is a must
- Deep empathy for both cross-functional partners and end users, with strong customer-centricity
- Understanding of video marketing and membership businesses a plus
- Strong growth mindset and intellectual curiosity, with a willingness to learn, flex into new areas, continuously improve and take on new challenges
⚒️ Projects you may work on
- Identifying ways to grow the Uscreen Ambassador Program to empower Uscreen users who have a desire to lead local Uscreen communities, and organize online and offline community events.
- Organize monthly Uscreen Community Champion meetups and events to ensure volunteer community moderators feel informed, appreciated, and supported.
- Coordinate in-person VIP dinners / workshops / meetups in different cities that our teams are traveling to during conferences.
- Host a bi-weekly livestream inside our community to showcase successful customers, and engage with live viewers from the community.