Commodity Mgr, Supplier Responsibility
- Full Time
- $100K - $200K
Remote Job Description
In this role, you will help optimize and enable the service delivery and operations of the Supplier Responsibility Program. You will lead and participate on large projects as well as understand and resolve complex issues to ensure Google’s supply chain operates responsibly.
You will work with global, cross-functional teams to ensure Google suppliers are in compliance with our Supplier Code of Conduct (SCOC). As the Commodity Manager, you will use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global and growing supply chain.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $123,000-$191,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Be responsible for the creation and implementation of RFP/RFI/RFQ processes for sourcing needs and supplier selection. Develop and execute commodity strategies through close collaboration with Google commodity teams and key business partners.
- Define cost drivers, develop cost models and establish cost analysis.
- Conduct detailed negotiations including comprehensive contractual agreements to achieve high supplier performance, cost optimization, and supply chain strategies.
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry and supplier/market conditions. Implement best known methods in supply chain initiatives and improvements.
- Develop and execute commodity strategies through close collaboration with key business partners and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in procurement and supply chain management.
- Experience with supply chain processes and contract negotiations.
- Leadership, management, and influencing experience.
- Ability to establish impactful partnerships, interpret legal documents, and work with Legal to complete agreements.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills, translating to strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.