C/C++ Engineer, DBX
- Mongo Db
- Full Time
Remote Job Description
This role is for someone who enjoys designing, writing, and supporting Open Source libraries for C and C++ developers that use MongoDB.
This role can be based out of our NYC office or remotely from anywhere in North America.
You might be right for this role if you...
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software in C and C++.
- Have deep knowledge of the C and C++ ecosystem.
- Are passionate about writing and designing C and C++ libraries.
- Have participated in Open Source software development or communities.
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability and delivery time.
- Communicate well, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face.
- Lift the skills and expertise of those around you.
- Are excited by our mission and values.
On this team you will
- Develop features for the C driver, C++ driver, and libmongocrypt.
- Investigate bugs and feature requests from commercial and Open Source customers.
- Mentor entry level engineers in technical and non-technical professional skills.
- Work with our Product and Server teams on designs and specifications for new MongoDB features.
Success in this role means
- Within three months, you will be contributing effectively day-to-day, fixing bugs, and implementing already-planned features.
- Within six months, you will contribute to the roadmap for our products and lead the design and specification of new features. You will have the trust of the team and our internal customers.
- Within a year, you will deliver several new releases of our software, will have significantly improved the quality, performance and maintainability of our codebase, and will be taking the lead in designing new features to solve novel customer challenges