We're looking for a stellar performance marketer with paid search (SEM). 6+ years of full-time experience running paid search campaigns for web performance (not app) on a large scale of $500,000+ a month, optimizing to return on investment.
That means being well-versed in performance marketing, online customer acquisition, and conversion optimization. Besides that, staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEM.
You will lead our media buying on paid search, finding ways to expand and optimize our existing programs and innovate new formats and strategies. We're looking for someone with a proven history of testing, measuring, and scaling marketing campaigns. You will partner with the Decision Science team to provide attribution rules, reporting, and a framework for team-level campaign analysis. You will be reporting to our Director of Advertising.
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a proven track record in paid search (Google Ads + Bing Ads / Microsoft Ads)
- Have experience with core Google Ads campaign types (Search, DSA, Performance Max), bid strategies (Target CPA and Target ROAS), and ad types (RSAs).
- Experience working in Google Ads Editor and Microsoft Ads Editor
- Experience working with site tagging and Google Tag Manager
- Manage keyword and product level bids relative to budget and performance targets
- Track and share daily performance metrics relative to topline growth goals
- Deep understanding of digital advertising dynamics, including auction pricing, CPMs, CTRs, CPCs, ROAS, and all the other C-level acronyms.
- Form hypotheses, design and implement tests, collect data, apply findings to increase the return on investment of your campaigns, and share these takeaways with the team and the organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to present work at an executive level
- Positive, company-first attitude, strong collaborator with proven ability to partner/lead cross-functional efforts
Things You’ll Do:
- Own execution of paid search (Google + Bing). This would include ad copy, experiment, bid and targeting optimization, and campaign analysis.
- Analyze and communicate marketing performance to local and global stakeholders, learning and sharing best practices
- Understand the competitive media landscape, and identify opportunities to reinforce Zapier's competitive category leadership
- Partner with the Decision Science team to measure and understand ROAS and incrementality
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of statistics (significance, p-value, sample size, etc.)
- Proficiency in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel and Google Docs) and SQL
- Experience with A/B testing or experimental design
- Experience in market research or survey methodologies
- Experience in launching campaigns in international markets
- Have B2B marketing experience
The Whole Package
Our fully remote, distributed environment enables us to work with awesome people from around the world. Our team members work from 38 different countries. We generally hire based on timezones and try to keep teams together by making sure that every Zapien overlaps with their manager & teammates for at least a few hours a day.
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Fertility and Adoption Assistance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Annual all-company retreat
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we support Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare plans are available in the UK, Canada, and United States. Retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States. A regional benefits premium is added directly to the salary ranges for team members who are in countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits. When recommendations are made for base salary, the benefits premium has already been factored in.