Advanced Analytics Intern - Paris, France
Remote Job Description
Airbnb is seeking an Advanced Analytics Intern to join the Community Powered Growth team for a 6-month (paid) internship.
In the Community Powered Growth team, we leverage the strength of Airbnb’s communities to grow our business and offer economic opportunities to more and more hosts. Specifically, the Ask-a-Superhost team helps people get started on Airbnb via a connection to a Superhost and the co-hosting team creates a community of co hosts to help with the hassle of hosting. The objective here is to foster a community where Hosts feel a sense of connection so they can easily engage and get the help they need.As we continue to expand our business, we continue to look for the best and brightest to drive strategic decisions and growth. To this end, Airbnb is seeking a passionate, positive, bright, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial person to ensure the success of the entire Community program.
The difference you will make:
As an intern, you’ll be integrated into a team where you’ll contribute to challenging projects. Your manager, team, and our incredible employee community will strive to be superhosts to you during the summer. We provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real world experience needed to accelerate your learning and make a real impact on our product, as Airbnb revolutionizes connection, belonging, and travel.
A typical day:
Behind the scenes, Data Science infuses Airbnb’s technology with data and helps us understand the way we share, comprehend and interact with our global community. As an intern, you can expect to:
- Support and develop the analytics team on product, operations and engagement
- Build data foundations to contribute to our platform development in 2023
- Find synergies with other programs and identify opportunities of development
- Design new data products and tools to better understand the value of the acquired supply
- Design experiments to measure the impact of these initiatives on our marketplace
- You have graduated within the last 12 months or are currently completing your degree
- Relevant education in a quantitative field including Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or Computer Science
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Presto/SQL), preprocessing (e.g. unix/python), and statistical analysis (e.g. R/Python)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever-changing start-up environment
This position is hybrid. You must be living in France and have work authorization for France to be eligible.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in English that addresses your interest in Airbnb and Advanced Analytics/Data Science.