Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Developer Jobs
Wordpress Developer - Nylas
Nylas Full Time Software Developer Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 22,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to handle over 1 billion API requests per day to providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com, Yahoo! and more.
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $55M to date from Spark Capital, 8VC, Slack, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Sparkpost.
At Nylas, we think it’s really important to have a fun, inclusive, and aspirational workplace, so we collaboratively wrote about our values, benefits, perks, and published them in our open-source handbook. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Your role at Nylas:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations, you will be responsible for developing new interactive content on nylas.com and improving our existing website development and infrastructure. You will work with stakeholders across the Marketing and Executive teams to build experiences that will impress our audience and convey information about our product and company in exciting and creative ways. You’ll be the primary developer for nylas.com, but you’ll have a community of fantastic front- and back-end developers on the product side to collaborate with. We expect you to make an impact by helping the team rapidly deploy new ideas, improve website performance, and keep our website as innovative as our product!
- Manage our Wordpress installation and associated plug-ins, templates, and integrations
- Support an upcoming redesign of the website
- Work closely with our Creative Director to maintain brand consistency and guidelines across nylas.com and related properties
- Gather requirements from team members, create specification documents, and manage project schedules
- Handle security audits and updates to keep our site safe and secure
- Manage the site architecture with input from our SEO and content teams
- Debug site issues using both simple and sophisticated tools and methods
- Manage site tags using Google Tag Manager
- Optimize existing website pages for speed and usability
- Ensure the site looks and performs well across all devices
- Perform regular site audits to identify areas for improvement and catch issues before they become problems
- Support the Marketing team as they roll out new content and landing pages
- Build pixel-perfect email templates and custom emails
- Train editors and authors on how to use templates and tools
- A self-starter who thrives on building great things, solving problems, and improving whatever needs improvement
- Curious, driven, and looking to make an impact on company growth by supporting broader company goals
- Compassionate and motivated by working with other people
- Passionate about effective communication and delivering great work for the teams you support
- Detail-oriented and eager to get hands-on with complicated projects
- An advisor: strategic-minded and able to make recommendations regarding technical, process, and policy improvements
- Motivated by ownership and growth opportunities
- 3-5 years of experience developing within the Wordpress ecosystem
- A strong portfolio of beautiful, interactive sites you’ve built and/or customized
- A deep understanding of web architecture and a proven history of building fast, engaging websites that also track and capture necessary marketing data
- Strong working knowledge of code versioning tools like Github and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
- The communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships and be persuasive and persistent at all levels of the organization
- Experience creating pages and templates within a marketing automation framework
- Experience with Marketo specifically is a huge plus!
- Experience with the Avada Wordpress template specifically is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
What Makes Us Special?
- $55M raised from Spark Capital, 8VC, Slack, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel.
- 300+ customers including Hyundai, News Corp, Hubspot, Move.com, Realtor.com, Active Campaign, Dialpad, Pipedrive, Clio, Lexicata, Sparkpost, AdRoll
- Community of over 25,000 developers worldwide
- Over 1 Billion API requests daily
- 2019 Great Place to Work (GPTW)
- 2019 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Leadership Team (Comparably)
- 2019 Best CEOs for Diversity (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Perks and Benefits (Comparably)
- 2019 Best Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
- Nylas nabs $25 million as the API economy explodes
- Nylas Announces Acquisition of June.ai
- Nylas Certified as a 2019 Great Place to Work
- Nylas Named One of the Best Leadership Teams in 2019
- Nylas Moves Into 944 Market Street Location
- Slack Invests in Nylas Latest Round
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.Apply for this job