As VP of Revenue Marketing, you will build and lead a team of exceptional performance marketers to drive demand and revenue opportunities, from acquisition to adoption and upsell. This is a highly cross-functional role requiring close partnership with the Sales, Customer Success, and Product Marketing teams globally.
Reporting to the CMO, the ideal candidate will have a passion for digital and account-based marketing practices, and have experience driving demand for sales teams. This role is both strategic and tactical, requiring an individual with the ability to strategize at a high level, as well as get into the day-to-day work to coach a high-performing team.
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than six million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world’s leading investors
In this role, you will:
- Build and lead a performance marketing team that will own digital and lead gen tactics to reach sellers, both on and off G2.com. This includes email, paid social, display, PPC, sponsorships, direct mail, webinar promotions, website conversion optimization, and more.
- Own the lead-to-revenue process and pipeline for marketing, serving as a key partner to our sales team. We’re looking for leaders who are motivated by direct responsibility for pipeline and revenue targets.
- Design and execute digital campaigns that drive inbound pipeline creation across multiple products.
Develop an Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategy around key use-cases, regions, and segments.
- Oversee the management of our customer database and marketing automation platform (HubSpot) and develop the strategy to grow G2’s email/audience list over time.
- In partnership with cross-functional teams, build customer nurture/drip programs to help drive adoption, improve upsell, and increase sales efficiency.
- Work closely with Sales to define the processes that ensure all inbound leads receive a flawless experience anywhere in the world and are accurately routed, scored, and tracked. Ensure we have a clear line of sight into our entire funnel and how we’re trending towards our goals at all times.
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report on the impact of growth marketing initiatives on pipeline and revenue. Develop a cadence for communicating up and across to Sales and leadership.
- Create a culture of experimentation and testing. Come with a POV on how to build successful tests and a “growth playbook” for G2 that will become a core part of our scalable GTM engine.
- Build great partnerships with:
- Sales & Customer Success, driving alignment on overall pipeline goals, win-rate and retention objectives, and growth marketing plans.
- Marketing Operations, ensuring effective lead flow across Hubspot, Salesforce, and other lead management and automation systems.
- Product Marketing, defining go-to-market strategies and designing and executing product campaigns.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 8+ years of experience in demand gen or performance marketing, preferably at an agency, consultancy, or high-growth SaaS technology company.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Strong growth track record, with case studies of driving B2B programs with a focus on digital, ABM, and lead management.
- Prior experience building a sizable owned audience, and creating programs to drive expansion within active customers.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – must have the ability to derive meaning from data and translate these into actionable plans.
- Excellent writing, communication, time management, and project management skills.
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, and Google Analytics.
- Self-starter with the ability to build programs from scratch and who thrives when creating clarity and strategic direction for teams.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here