Back To All Remote Jobs View All Product Manager Jobs
VP of Product - (ConvertKit)
Convert Kit Full Time Product Manager Remote-US
Remote Job Description
ConvertKit is hiring a VP of Product to better execute on product driven growth as we scale from $23M ARR to $100M ARR. You will guide our product strategy, manage our product development and release process, and work closely with our CEO, designers, and engineering team to build a great product that over 25,000 creators use to earn a living.
- Work closely with the CEO to define the product vision and create an execution plan to bring it to life. Fully own the strategic roadmap, from creation to implementation, to measuring success.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis.
- Lead the Product team to build an effortless product used by millions of creators to power their audiences and businesses. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and managing members of the product team. Our current product team is 2 product managers, 3 designers, and 1 front-end developer.
- Design and hire into a product team structure that will make the product delivery process the most successful to release bug-free features and work with marketing to get the biggest growth impact.
- Deeply understand our customer base to build the best tool to serve creators. Stay up to date on market trends, creator needs and opportunities.
- Define and implement processes that allow engineers to bring the most value to our customers, creating a delightful overall customer experience.
- Work closely with the marketing team to actively promote each feature and achieve adoption and maximize return.
- Maintain a strong eye for detail to ensure a high level of quality throughout the application.
- Establish metrics to measure the team’s effectiveness and drive improvements.
- Act as the chief product evangelist both internally and externally.
Success in this role looks like:
- Increasing the free to paid conversion rate
- Driving more creators to refer a friend (increasing k-factor)
- Decreasing average tickets per customer through a more intuitive product
- A delightful user experience that feels seamless and effortless
- The product delivery process is clear and well understood across the organization, resulting in efficiency, quality and speed.
The right candidate should:
- Have extensive experience shepherding product direction at a product driven SaaS company.
- Be an expert in using metrics to make decisions and drive direction.
- Pay attention to details, have an eye for beautiful design, and love creating a gorgeous product.
- Be autonomous, self-motivated, and remote-disciplined to work effectively in a 100% remote company.
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 4 ($172,500), level 5 ($192,500), or level 6 ($222,500). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process. Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation
- 9 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 8 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning and development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter and answers to the questions on the next page. We run the hiring process for leadership roles a little differently - you'll probably meet with a few more people - but at a minimum, you can expect the following:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step of the process.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.Apply for this job