Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineering Manger Jobs
VP Engineering / Engineering Manager - (Next Matter)
Next Matter Full Time Software Engineering Manger Remote-Europe Remote-UK
Remote Job Description
Next Matter is building the software solution that redefines how people build and operate their businesses. We will shape the future of work for people across industries and are growing into a company with engineering at its core. Join our experienced, tech-driven team in our journey to the official launch later this year, and subsequent growth to international markets!
In this role you will:
- Prepare our product for full public launch later this year as part of our growing team of technology and business professionals.
- Grow our early stage engineering team into a high-performing engineering organization based on strong engineering values and practices.
- Naturally navigate the diverse set of people, project, and technical leadership aspects of your role in close collaboration with your team members and peers.
- Develop your team members to become experts and leaders in their field, supported by an environment that empowers engineers and promotes autonomous work.
- Shape our product and technology roadmap for the months and years ahead alongside our product lead and ensure successful execution against it.
You will be a good fit for this role if you:
- Take full accountability for the success of your team and the individual development of every member on your team.
- Have extensive professional technical, people, and project leadership experience and a track record of building and growing high-performing teams.
- Are a very strong communicator and collaborate closely with your team members and peers, technically as well as in customer, product, design, and business terms.
- Care about design, usability, performance, quality of code, API structures, as well as the security aspects of development.
- Naturally bring new ideas to the table that will shape our product, technology, and company, and see them through from initiation to successful implementation.
- Have strong product and business sense and interest.
- Strive in a fast-paced, growth-stage environment.
- Master remote work and collaboration.
- Last but not least, you are passionate about the problem we are solving and are fully committed to making Next Matter a success.
- The chance to join a fast-growing, well-funded, early stage startup, with an experienced, tech-driven team and a validated product / business model.
- Get to contribute to shaping the future of our company and product, and see the impact of your work.
- The opportunity to work remotely. We are a remote-first team located in Germany, France, Austria, and Finland.
- Support for your personal and professional development.
- A competitive salary and equity options.
- Pick from several packages of equipment. We'll set you up with either an Apple MacBook Pro or a Lenovo machine along with any software you need.
What it’s like working with us:
We are a cross-functional team, passionate about making the future of work performant and delightful for our customers.
As a team, we value transparency, ensuring that every team member has access to the information they need to make the right decisions, and always challenge ourselves to grow, learn and improve. We invest in employee development, and are committed to helping each other get better at what we do. We aim to build a team of people who treat each other exceptionally well, work hard but always have fun doing it.
Open-source is vital to Next Matter. We rely on many projects from the community to run our business and we encourage our team to give back.
Next Matter is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.
How to apply:
Please make sure to include the following:
- A short text describing who you are and what you are looking for. We would like to read about your past projects and what motivates you.
- Feel free to include links to any online profiles that you use (Github, Twitter, etc).
- Your work experience in the form of a resume, or a LinkedIn profile