Back To All Remote Jobs View All Sales Jobs
VP, Channel Sales - Nextiva
Nextiva Full Time Sales Remote-US
Remote Job Description
At Nextiva, we don't study industry trends and build our products and services reactively; instead, we look to be the leader in defining the trends, during these unprecedented times.
We strive to be the best of the best across multiple technology channels – UCaaS and SaaS to name a few. We are determined to help write the future for businesses around the globe by creating innovative products and an agnostic platform that delivers first-class communications tools in the hands of every business. We are a global team of the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications.
We are actively looking for amazing people, like you, to join our team!
This is a highly visible sales leadership position that will lead a team of sales professionals responsible for driving Nextiva’s channel sales efforts. As part of the senior leadership team this position will have primary responsibility for collaborating with key leaders in the business to drive the foundation of an overarching strategic channel sales plan in a complex & changing environment.
The VP, Channel Sales will lead channel sales at Nextiva by partnering closely across the company to delivery on company revenue targets.
The mission of the VP, Channel Sales is to design the required strategy and plan to support our corporate channel priorities in partnership with other senior channel sales leaders.
- Responsible for leading channel sales efforts in the US partnering closely with all business groups to deliver on the Company’s channel revenue targets and growth strategy
- Responsible for driving new business opportunities, building, and leading Nextiva’s exceptional channel sales team while strengthening the Company’s position within the channel community
- Provides understanding of the channel ecosystem as we invest in new product and service offerings while expanding into additional markets
- Lead new GTM business initiatives with channel partners
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in partner accounts
- Leadership and management of all stages of co-sell with channel partners, including identifying customer opportunities, driving appropriate evaluations and analyses, originating deals, and negotiating high-level deal terms, negotiating detailed agreements, managing signing to closing and post-closing transition
- Partners with SLT members across the organization to ensure a coordinated approach in leadership of and execution of all channel initiatives
- Monitors channel activities to proactively identify risks and implement preventative measures to achieve, maintain and maximize performance
- Develops and ensures adherence to budgets and business plans. Works closely with finance on performance, plans and projects
- Works closely with sales operations to create reports and deliver presentations on channel metrics, achievements, and compliance as required
- Keeps abreast of developments within the industry by participation or attendance at seminars, workshops and professional societies, review of publications and as necessary, independent study
- Models the Nextiva values on a consistent basis and promotes these behaviors to the wider channel sales team. This includes focusing on leadership development to ensure we are hiring, developing, and retaining leaders to deliver operational excellence.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Nextiva’s Purpose, Mission, and values, adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct
- Build strong and sustainable relationships at all levels with our partners
- Run sales forecasting and enable the team to execute
- Build and track key performance indicators related to partner initiatives
- Develop partner engagement initiatives; forecast for strategic changes; and establish a repeatable process of defining success and growth metrics by territory
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements
- Coordinates the involvement of internal partners, including support, service, and management resources, to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations
- The VP position leads sales leaders (Regional Sales Directors)
- Works with internal partners to ensure the Channel Sales team partakes in training on Nextiva products and services
- 10 + years’ experience in sales leadership and people development, as well as an extensive knowledge of channel in the IT industry
- Must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere but has been through the experience of scaling up an enterprise to a significant organization size and revenues
- Ideal candidates will have gone through the high growth and scalability issues of a high growth stage company
- Prefer candidates with a successful track record of achieving quota and working successfully with the channel
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. MBA Preferred
- At least 10+ years’ experience with channel in the technology industry
- 5-7 years’ experience in people management
- Strong working knowledge of the SMB through Enterprise market and the Cloud
- Proven success in sales
- Strong discipline in effective budget management and delivering high ROI
- Demonstration of ability to course correct as necessary aligning with Sales, Product, Operations and Finance.
- Language Skills: Experience in effectively translating complex data and analysis to all levels within an organization. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management. Ability to write reports and create and deliver Executive level presentations.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning, time management, and organization skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Must be team oriented and results focused
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- To be successful in this role, candidates must be able to balance outstanding execution and attention to detail with a keen sense for strategic resource and budget optimization
So, why Nextiva?
Our people do amazing things to help businesses solve their toughest challenges. Really, they do. We simplify the way businesses communicate, creating innovative and affordable solutions for businesses of all sizes. We acquired our first customer in 2008 and today thousands use our tools and platform. Talented team members around the globe embrace Amazing Service – this culture of Amazing Service extends to how we treat both our customers and one another. We are passionate about Nextiva’s unique culture and are looking for like-minded individuals that share our values and vision.
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply for this job