We're looking for a Vice President of Product Marketing to come lead the company’s product and portfolio marketing strategy as well as oversee its execution for the entire portfolio of products, services and solutions. The VP will drive alignment on strategy and achievement of business results, all while building collaborative relationships across the business.
The VP will lead a team of product marketers to define positioning, packaging, messaging, and pricing strategies, drive go-to-market plans, and execute cross-functionally on those plans. The role will bring new products to market, enhance existing offerings, and find new ways to make our solutions the cornerstone of small business success.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Translate company’s business objectives, market opportunity and portfolio of offerings into a formal, cohesive product marketing plan to support and grow the business.
- Oversee maintenance of buyer personas to understand target buyer needs, including segmentation, targeting, and aligning product and marketing efforts toward our ideal customer profile.
- Oversee development of data-backed product messaging and positioning that communicates the product’s key benefits, market differentiation, and customer value to distinguish the company apart from its competitors.
- Partner with Corporate Marketing and Growth Marketing to ensure appropriate customer, product and value-centric messages are communicated in all marketing campaigns and communications and to achieve business objectives.
- Enable sales teams and partners with compelling product messaging and value propositions through sales collateral and assets, product training, and more.
- Oversee launch planning for new offerings – including an enterprise-wide process and template creation.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis in order to identify new market opportunities and defend against competitive threats.
- Champion strategic initiatives to capture new market opportunities.
- Serve as company liaison for key strategic partnerships and vendors.
- Define pricing and packaging strategies that distinguish the company amongst the clutter of a competitive market.
- Lead win/loss analysis program to inform go-to-market strategy.
- Partner with Product Management to align product roadmap and strategy to market needs.
- Act as a company spokesperson at industry events and earned media to showcase the company’s strengths.
- Committed to developing a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 15+ years Product Marketing B2B experience in SaaS, including at least 5 years creating and leading an organization’s product marketing and portfolio strategy.
- Proven success developing product messaging, pricing, packaging and sales/partner enablement in a fast-paced B2B environment.
- Management of onsite and offsite teams collaborating on complex projects.
- Ability to resolve highly complex problems that require resolution at a senior management level and which often have little or no organizational precedent.
- Management of budget and resource allocation to support success and efficiency.
- Previous demonstrated linkage of product messaging and value proposition to an organization’s marketing and communications plan as well as successful new product launches.
- Extensive experience in market research and business case development.
- Models values, inspires performance and mentors upcoming leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Persuasive and engaging speaker at industry events.
- Education, or equivalent: Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree/MBA required.
Every small business journey is different, filled with its own twists and turns. Mineral is with them every step of the way, taking the guesswork out of HR and compliance so that they’re always ready for whatever lies ahead.
Mineral brings together the best of two HR and compliance powerhouses: ThinkHR and Mammoth.
By combining certified HR experts with tech-enabled tools, Mineral takes the guesswork out of HR. Our innovative platform is a one-stop resource for small businesses, filled with everything they need to tackle even the trickiest workplace issues with confidence.
Humble brag alert: Mineral has been consistently recognized for our award-winning culture, and we’re especially proud of our 2020 Great places to Work certification. Simply put, Mineral is a place where people want to be, which could explain why we’ve also been ranked among the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
As a company, Mineral is also made up of incredibly diverse, vibrant individuals, working together for the greater good. We’re here to help our clients build healthy, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.
Benefits and Perks
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
401k + company match
Flexible PTO + Company Holidays
Corporate Bonus Program
Paid Family Leave
Other market competitive perks and benefits
Equal opportunities, accessibility for all
Mineral values diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All individuals seeking employment at Mineral are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.