In this role, you will be instrumental in working with the sales and customer organizations to ensure the continuity of processes and operations. Your main focus will be identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for establishing efficiencies and work plans for the sales and customer operations departments with direct oversight of the team. You will spearhead strategy development for both: plan, allocate resources, identify and resource large initiatives and determine operational roadmap.
Tasks in the role
- Lead the Global Revenue Operations organization and provide counsel to the Senior Vice Presidents of Sales and Customer Success.
- Ongoing alignment of sales and account management objectives with company business and financial objectives, etc.
- Lead the enablement function for Sales, Account Managers, and Customer Success reps for onboarding new reps, ongoing soft-skill development, technology training, and management development.
- Establish sales/account management compensation program rules, policies, and procedures and administer compensation plans.
- Partner with senior sales and customer success management to identify opportunities for process improvement; foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Consult with senior sales & customer success management to define optimal performance measurements and performance management programs to help ensure sales organization success.
- Partner with leadership to define strategy & planning, including org structure, go-to-market motion, KPIs, HC needs, and investments.
- Deliver operational excellence in pipeline, forecast, and reporting by delivering analytics and insights to sales & finance leadership that measure key business drivers.
- Drive annual planning process across global sales organization, including business modeling, territory planning, compensation design, in close partnership with sales, finance, and other cross-functional leadership.
- Lead all cross-functional initiatives that impact sales including, but not limited to, technology implementations, M&A integration, and quarterly board preparation.
- Leveraging data, identifying gaps in our current systems/processes, and recommending improvements to drive revenue growth, promote scalability, and ensure operational efficiency.
- Oversee and optimize the go-to-market technology stack, making recommendations on new tools and facilitating discussions with vendors. Along with this, monitor and drive a high degree of data integrity in Salesforce and other tools to ensure the team is able to make key business decisions with confidence.
Who we are looking for
- 15+ years of Sales and/or Sales Operations leadership experience in a similar size, scale, and pace.
- Business-to-Business (B2B) software product/technology company—transactional/volume experience preferred.
- Executive presence, combined with the ability to envision the ‘art of the possible,’ with the acumen and earned trust factor to influence/convince key stakeholders to embark upon those journeys.
- Experience with a large sales and customer success tech stack—current stack: salesforce.com, Chorus, SalesLoft, BigTinCan, Tableau, Calendly, Marketo, Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, Jira.
- Proven track record of developing sales strategies and clearly and effectively communicating those strategies to the C-Suite.
- Passion for collaborating horizontally and vertically within an organization comprised of diverse groups of people, combined with the ability to adeptly navigate various points of view and interests.
- Experience managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives, leveraging standard SaaS sales metrics and benchmarking.
- Proven ability to identify and lead growth-enabling initiatives for rapidly scaling organizations.
- Well-organized, strong communication skills and ability to manage and influence direct and indirect reports with high motivation for continuous improvement and ability to drive impact.
- Business intelligence, analytics, and data science experience.
- Enablement team leadership experience is preferred.
A bit about the team
The VP Global Sales Operations will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales. In this role, you will be an operations business partner to Semrush’s Executive Team and share (with subordinates) business partner responsibility for the broader management team.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision plans
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Floating Holidays and Paid Sick Time)
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Corporate Events
- Snacks, coffee, tea
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit and individual qualifications.