At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify product strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition informed by user needs and insights. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
UX Design Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. They have a practiced eye for effective design, and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $159,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
- Direct how Google Drive can create a secure, compliant storage system for organizations.
- Create UX plans on how to drive new Workspace business and develop commercial features for existing customers.
- Collaborate with user research to inform design direction. Partner with UX, program managers, and engineering leaders to envision the future of Drive UX.
- Communicate design strategy to both internal and external teams to clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
- Lead design for different devices and platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, computer science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- 3 years of experience in leading design projects and managing people/teams.
- Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction, or computer science.
- Experience with delivering end-to-end solutions for enterprise, cloud, or security platforms.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to represent and advocate business or technical concepts externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.