We’re seeking an entrepreneurial finance leader to help us scale.
Cleo is radically different from the norm, and this flows all the way into how we’re building our finance function: data oriented, pushing for automation where possible, and focused on delivering new insights and value to the business. To lead this team we’re looking for an exceptional US Head of Finance to drive our vision forward, and make financial health a reality for millions everywhere.
As Cleo grows internationally, and offers customers increased access to financial products through our platform, we need to build a finance function that can provide clear insight and challenge. The vast majority of Cleo’s customers and revenue today and moving forward are in the US, and thus we’re looking for a strategic Head of Finance, to own the financial plan for the business, explore and highlight the most important insights, and help drive key business decisions. The person taking up this role will also have critical external responsibilities, from investor relations and future fundraising.
- Be a true business partner to the Exec team. You’ll support the commercial development of the company, and be a driver of management thinking.
- Lead financial planning, collaborating across the business to enable you to build the revenue projections, and forecasting to facilitate short-, medium- and longer-term business and operational planning.
- Report to the Board, including review of profits and loss, balance sheet, and cashflow.
- Driving transactions relating to fundraising and debt financing, in conjunction with our Chief Credit Officer.
- Ensure that Cleo has a financial structure that is fit-for-purpose for international expansion. You’ll own the management of legal entities, international tax, transfer pricing, and currency exposure.
- Build the foundations we need to scale, including recruiting and leading the team we need across the UK and US, and building key external provider relationships from banking to regulators, audit and beyond.
- Drive key supplier negotiations and overall procurement, getting to the best long term agreements as Cleo scales.
- Experience at an international, early-stage, high-growth business - ideally VC-backed, building or being a critical contributor to a finance team.
- Worked in both strategic and operational finance: revenue recognition, budgeting & forecasting, corporate modelling and capital allocation.
- You’ve been deep in KPI, goal setting and accountability management and know how to work collaboratively with functional owners, from formal review forums to the informal day to day to help the business thrive.
- The ability to be all over the detail, while being able to keep an eye on the future - you know where the bodies are hidden, how to expose the most important insights, and how to build function processes that enable and facilitate hyper-growth.
- Developed forecasts for a fast scaling business with an evolving revenue model, working across business teams to automate data flows and ensuring we have what we need in place to scale.
- Made big contributions to investor relations and fundraising activities (equity and debt).
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package
- Base, equity, benefits - We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
US Head of Finance
Build a future finance function, for a new type of financial services company
- United States based
- Full-time [with no obligatory in-office working for the next six months, because #pandemic]
Looking to do some work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.