Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineer Jobs
Tools and Automation Software Engineer - (DataStax)
Data Stax Full Time Software Engineer Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Dear trailblazers, forward-thinkers, and doers - We want you. DataStax is the company behind the massively scalable, highly available, cloud-native NoSQL platform built on Apache Cassandra. Every day, we're fulfilling our mission to connect every developer in the world to the power of Apache Cassandra, with the freedom to run data on any device and in any cloud. We subscribe to a set of principles that guide how we collaboratively work together. We inspire each other with our values, obsessing over users and enterprises, taking action and focusing on results, innovating in technology, products, and everything we do, and defining success as the team winning. We foster a diverse working environment that is respectful, generates new ideas, promotes ownership, and encourages highly motivated individuals to shape tomorrow. These form the foundation of DataStax's culture and help drive our decisions.
Tools and Automation Software Engineer
As a Tools and Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining common functionalities like task execution, device interaction, and log collection. You will create Tools, Utilities, Automation that will help diagnose and resolve and alert issues that our customers will encounter. You will have an opportunity to pick up different technologies to implement as needed. You will also be responsible for Architecting, Designing, Implementing, Deploying, Operationalizing, Maintaining, and Managing these systems in true DevOps fashion.
What you will do:
- You will help Automate and create Tools that will help customers find and automatically triage and fix deployment/product issues
- You will be working with a variety of technologies as needed to solve critical problems for our customers
- You will be working on cutting edge technologies to create industry leading solutions for our customers
Your experience should include:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands-on experience with Java
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems
- Experience with MERN or MEAN stack
- Solid understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases, Cassandra is a plus
- Experience in HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS.
- Experience in UI Exposure to ReactJS and its core principles, React.js workflows (preferably Redux).
- Integration of user-facing (React) elements with server-side logic.
- Experience in building applications based on micro services architecture and Service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git).
- Experience working with Heroku, AWS or GCP Cloud deployment.
- Should have good knowledge of Agile/Scrum, continuous integration, and deployment.
If this motivates you, we'd love to hear from you! Would you like to join our crew?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Apply for this job