The Tax Information Reporting Manager will report to the Senior Tax Manager and will meaningfully contribute to the Tax team as DoorDash expands. You will manage all aspects of worldwide information reporting and tax withholding compliance within DoorDash and its subsidiaries.
You will build successful relationships within Tax and across the broader company and communicate complex information reporting tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
About the Team
It's an exciting time to join our growing Tax team and be a part of the fast growth we are experiencing! The Tax team is involved in the operations of the business that impact Dashers, Merchants and Customers. As an important partner to the business, we are involved at the front-end on plans for new products or country expansions, and integrated with the other functions in the CFO organization. As DoorDash continues to expand its product offerings and global footprint, proper planning plus management and compliance with different information reporting laws continues to grow in importance.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be responsible for establishing the tax direction and overall compliance of DoorDash’s information reporting requirements to tax authorities both globally and within the US
- Develop internal processes and create a functional tax information reporting model that is in compliance with SOX requirements, operationally efficient, and scalable by working closely with our Dasher, Merchant, Product, Engineering, and Legal teams
- Manage the annual year-end filing process as it relates to Forms 1099 and 1042-S in the US (including but not limited to 1099-NEC, 1099-K, 1099-MISC), and similar requirements in foreign countries
- Ensure annual compliance notices such as the CP2100/972CG are responded to in a timely manner including the tracking of B Notices and W-9 solicitations and the application of backup withholding/stopped payments for non-compliant accounts
- Provide recommendations and system enhancement requests to internal stakeholders for new product offerings and/or regulatory changes as it impacts current information reporting and backup withholding processes
- Serve as the main subject-matter-expert on the Tax team for all information reporting matters by addressing queries from internal teams (such as Operations, Product, Accounting, Legal), external parties (such as our Dashers and Merchants), and vendors
- Respond (in a timely manner) to inquiries related to tax onboarding (W-9/W-8 validation), withholding, and information reporting (year-end filing) from internal stakeholders and payees
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of tax information reporting and withholding experience in the financial services industry (bank, brokerage, payment processing), gig economy or marketplace platforms (rideshare, online merchants), public accounting firm, or corporate tax department
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent practical experience.
- A strong understanding of IRS rules and regulations as it relates to information reporting and withholding and how to implement/operationalize those rules at scale
- Strong analytical skills as it relates to the review and manipulation of large data sets - reporting data consists of multiple information sources with millions of rows of data
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills - you will communicate with various internal and external stakeholders such as Dashers, Merchants, and internal Support teams to explain complex concepts as it relates to tax information reporting and withholding
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple work streams in a rapidly changing environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.