Start-Up Account Executive - Canada
- Full Time
Remote Job Description
Plaid’s Canada team is looking for a Start-Up Account Executive to join our rapidly scaling team in Toronto. In this position, you will play a critical role in growing a “startup within a startup” that’s shaping the future of Open Finance for the Canadian market. You will be responsible for full-stack commercial activities (outbound/inbound, evaluation, negotiation, closing) as well as working with our cross-functional teams to help drive the product roadmap and market positioning for Plaid.
If you are a highly driven self-starter who can wear multiple hats, loves growing new business, and is passionate about Canadian fintech, there are few roles more exciting than this. Come help Plaid power the next wave of financial freedom via our open banking platform!
What excites us
- Experience in a new-revenue role and a strong track record of closing deals, ideally in start up or scale ups within Canadian markets
- A passion for Canadian fintech - you are interested in what’s happening across the industry and understand the unique challenges start-ups face across verticals
- Self starters who are not afraid to build a rocket ship as it’s taking off
- Team-first mentality - strong collaborators with great communication skills and a growth mindset
- Strong network within the Canadian Fintech community
What excites you
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build our team culture, as well as processes and tools as needed
- Opportunity to take on greenfield territory and manage your own pipeline, even in the face of uncertainty to ensure you hit your metrics
- Being proactive and working independently - we are a small team and there won’t be anyone telling you what to do. You enjoy driving your own work in the face of ambiguity but also not afraid to ask for help.
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs