BetterUp is looking for a marketer who is passionate about SEO optimization and scaling blog traffic. You are seeking that special intersection of content, connection, and cracking (the puzzle of organic search traffic) — all in service of reaching more people with information that can truly make a difference in their lives.
BetterUp is a coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday.
We are looking for an experienced SEO strategist with a strong editorial background and the ability to handle a high volume of edits and optimizations.
You’ll work closely with a small team of staff writers and our in-house SEO strategist, to write SEO content briefs, conduct keyword research, write and edit SEO articles, and optimize already-existing content for our BetterUp blog. You will play a key role in growing our blog through optimizing content and conversions.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in SEO, coupled with exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Conduct SEO and competitive research to create monthly content briefs -
- SEO optimize historical content, track progress, and re-optimize as needed to increase keyword rankings and organic traffic
- Perform competitive content analysis and provide recommendations on content optimizations
- Analyze content performance and conversions on the blog and collaborate on strategies to align organic traffic and conversion goals
- Report on results of monthly initiatives and optimization tests
- Write monthly SEO blog posts
- Conduct trainings on SEO best practices and keyword research for writing team
- Assist staff writers in uploading, formatting content, and internal linking
- Conduct audits to understand content performance and opportunities for future growth
What we’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience as an SEO Strategist or similar role (experience in B2B marketing a plus)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to think analytically and design
- Deep understanding of SEO in relation to content strategy and blogs
- Experience working with SEO and analytics tools (i.e. SEMRush, Google Search Console, ahrefs, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Hubspot, etc.)
- Exceptional organization
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet deadlines
- Technical or international SEO experience a plus but not required
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.