Please note: this job posting is not for immediate hire but rather an opportunity to submit an application for future consideration. Also, this is not a remote opportunity (Location: New York City, San Francisco)
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate, and solve problems together. We believe conversation is a force for good and can change the world, and it is what keeps us here.
- Set org-wide technical direction, drive execution, and mentor members on the team;
- Work closely with teams across product engineering, product management and design to build features that affect millions of users daily;
- Increase web scalability, user engagement, and traffic by determining and implementing the best web development standards;
- Participate actively in design and code reviews, team processes, and product decisions;
- Participate in our educational culture, while embracing opportunities to learn from Twitter’s community of peers across functions, as well as teaching us your strengths;
- Contribute to our tech stack: We work on a new and clean code base that implements the industry’s best practices. We are building a React/Redux app served by Node.js with the standard tooling (Webpack, Babel, ES6, Linting, Flow Typing, Prettier, etc).
- 7+ years of industry experience developing web applications;
- Strong computer science fundamentals in Data Structures and Algorithms;
- Experience with universal React web applications;
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps Experience with Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.;
- Strong design and architecture skills;
- Model of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting;
- Prior leadership experience as technical lead/architect;
- Great communication and documentation abilities;
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter provides reasonable accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process upon request. Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. To request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in New York City and San Francisco is USD $212,000 - USD $297,000. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter’s benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.