The Security Products group is responsible for developing a range of security related products at Fastly. As a part of this group, you would be working with the technology brought in through the Signal Science acquisition. We are made up of multifaceted teams that work together to build industry leading security products that our customers rely on to secure their infrastructure. We are looking for a full-time engineer with experience writing high performance code to work alongside multiple teams to drive the industry forward with new HTTP security inspection techniques.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of key business initiatives, taking them from conception to production
- Directly contribute to architectural and design decisions across multiple engineering teams
- Lead projects from design to deployment using the Go programming language, working with other teams to deploy, support troubleshooting, and deliver features to customers
- Enhance and create new inspection techniques backed by the data from our security research team
- Architect and develop high performance security related software that will help our customers succeed
- Contribute to code reviews, documentation and other team processes
What We're Looking For
- Deep knowledge of HTTP and related networking protocols
- Strong interest in network security
- A passion for and experience developing and tuning software to run as efficiently as possible, especially using the Go programming language
- Hands on experience developing software running in a high-traffic production environment
- Experience working in a collaborative, distributed team environment
- Strong Linux, automation, system administration and shell scripting skills
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.