We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to help improve our measurement of brand marketing and develop insights that support how we plan and optimize campaigns. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of causal inference, the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, and an eagerness to improve our measurement and insights. Examples of projects you might work on include leveraging third party data and quasi-experimental methods to estimate the impact of offline media, developing short-term proxies for marketing’s long term impacts, exploring data from digital tests to find actionable insights, or working with the marketing team to improve campaign targeting. If you’re passionate about using your skills to understand and improve the impact of our brand marketing, we want to hear from you.
About the Team
The Marketing Technology team is responsible for driving host and guest growth. We do this through devising data-driven marketing campaign strategies, reliable campaign delivery platforms, and advanced machine learning models. We build products that allow us to reach more audiences, improve our targeting, and optimize our bidding.
Inference: Apply or develop causal inferences methods to estimate the effect of Airbnb’s offline advertising
Experimentation: Design and analyze experiments to measure the effectiveness of our digital marketing spend
Insights: Generate insights about customer segments and the company's most valuable guests to improve ad effectiveness and optimize spend
Communication: Work closely with a range of stakeholders to design and implement measurement of brand marketing campaigns
Empowerment: Think strategically about opportunities to improve and scale our brand measurement and customer insights
- 8+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role (6+ years with PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of causal inference and experimentation
- Skilled in statistical programming (Python or R) and database usage (SQL)
- Ability to solve business problems using appropriate methods and models
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional partners of varying technical levels and drive impact
- Ability to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- PhD in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, or related field
- Strong knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Passion for marketing and consumer science; a desire to keep up with and find opportunities to apply academic research
The starting base pay for this role is between $152,000 and $203,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
San Francisco, CA United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st-century company.