Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an AWS service that allows developers to easily leverage the low-latency highly-distributed live video platform that powers Twitch in their own applications. The Web Video Clients team is looking for engineers to work on our web clients, including the video player SDK that provides low latency playback for Twitch/IVS and upcoming products to simplify broadcasting.
You'll experience the best of both worlds while working on a brand new AWS service at Twitch—you'll be immersed in Twitch's creator-first culture and enjoy our perks while moving fast to build a new business. You'll make an impact on Twitch, the largest live video entertainment platform in the world with over 1 trillion minutes of content watched in 2020, and on an expanding and evolving AWS service. You'll work on projects like optimizing the adaptive bitrate algorithm for reduced video buffering, adding playback and broadcast support for new client platforms, simplifying our SDKs so they're easier to integrate with, and building entirely new video SDKs. You will report to the Engineering Manager of Web Video Clients.
We envision a product that allows for real-time interactivity broadcast to millions of viewers with less than a second of delay. To get there, we will have to push the boundaries of existing video standards, experiment with new ones, and open source our work along the way. We need your help to figure this out!
You can work in Vancouver, BC; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; and Remote US.
- Take ownership of key components of the IVS web player SDK and other web video clients
- Leverage bleeding-edge web technologies like WebTransport and WebAssembly
- Experiment to decide and collaborate with backend video teams like the ingest, transcode, and distribution teams to build interactive video experiences
- Help define our open source strategy
- 5+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise
- Expertise with modern web technologies like TypeScript, ES6, Webpack, and NPM
- Strong understanding of software architecture fundamentals, such as Async programming, object-oriented design, abstractions, software design, and multiple testing methodologies
- Experience working with web media APIs like WebRTC, Media Source Extensions, Encrypted Media Extensions, MediaCapabilities, WebCodecs
- Experience working with web players like hls.js, Shaka Player, dash.js, video.js
- Working familiarity with C++
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn
, get interviewing tips on Instagram
, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog