Do you have a passion for making developers more productive? Do you enjoy making delightful user experiences for the most difficult developer workflows? Want to get in on the ground floor and help to build a product that will change the way that the world stores and accesses data? Then consider joining us at Fauna!
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.
Fauna is the data API for modern applications. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Developer Experience Team, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of how Fauna customers interact with our product. This includes the website dashboard experience, improving the fauna-shell, maintaining client drivers in 5 different languages, and innovating on all aspects of the software development lifecycle our customers use to manage their applications running on Fauna. We believe working with structured data should be delightful, and there is much room for improvement in the industry. It’s early days for us, and you can significantly impact our direction and success!
- 5+ Years of Software Development experience.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Track record of designing thoughtful and intuitive user experiences
- Full stack experience, with a strong interest in Front end development (React, Typescript)
- Experience leading small projects through design, implementation, and release.
- Experience using a variety of database types (eg, relational, document, key/value, etc).
- Experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Experience deploying and operating web applications or microservices which require 24/7 uptime
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading teams through design, implementation, release and maintenance of high impact projects.
- Polyglot with proficiency in multiple languages and frameworks
- Experience deploying and operating web applications in Netlify, Vercel, or similar platforms
- Familiarity with release processes and CI/CD best practices
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/basic life insurance and unlimited PTO.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles
. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.