As a member of our Global Talent team, the Senior Recruiter owns and drives the recruiting process from end-to-end across Fastly, supporting the hiring of great people for one or more functions (i.e. Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Professional Services,, Human Resources or Sales). We partner closely with our hiring managers to develop strategies to identify and hire top performing candidates.
We look to deliver a best-in-class candidate experience that lends genuine insight into our culture and what it’s really like to work at Fastly. We are seeking a seasoned Recruiter who brings a passion for technology with a focus on creativity and solutions.
What You'll Do
- Work with hiring managers across one or more verticals to devise a hiring plan and strategy to hire high performing talent.
- Influence Hiring teams to monitor and improve candidate experience
- Source and engage passive candidates
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process with an emphasis on building strong hiring manager partnerships and candidate advocacy
- Strategize creative ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine position + value add.
- Manage interview and hiring decision-making process with interviewers and hiring managers
- Regularly track pipeline, priorities and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Drive offer process in partnership with hiring managers and Compensation team.
- Recommend improvements to sourcing, process and candidate outreach
- Support company Inclusion & Diversity efforts
What We're Looking For
- 5-7 years progressive recruiting experience with a highly technical organization.
- Ability to proactively source + attract passive talent in the industry through multiple methods and channels.
- Ability to think outside the box. Demonstrated expertise at partnering cross-functionally with senior leadership to drive consensus decisions.
- Flexibility to support one or more verticals within our Business or technology functions
- Excellent interviewing skills with ability to screen for both general and team fit
- Extensive tech industry knowledge with ability to identify target companies, conferences and other sources for top industry-related talent
- Strong consultative and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, as well as externally
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of Employment and HR policies would be highly advantageous
This position can be remote and can be based anywhere in the U.S. You will be supporting hiring managers in all time zones.
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.