Branch's Product Marketers are the veteran, experienced voices that help everyone in the company understand how to communicate with our customers in their own language, why our products matter to our customers, and where our products fit into the mobile ecosystem. In this position, you'll be charged with ensuring the commercial success of Branch's offerings in the areas of ads and attribution, taking a pivotal leadership role in the go-to-market strategy for a platform that is changing the mobile ecosystem.
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mission is to make the mobile ecosystem more open, connected, and relevant and our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences for consumers and outstanding results for marketers. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who live and breathe our company motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
“Know the customer. Know the magic. Connect the two.”
You'll develop a deep understanding of our markets, customer needs, product functionality, industry trends, and competitive landscape. Then, you'll deploy that knowledge to lead product launches, create customer-facing campaigns and content, enable sales and customer success teams with insightful training and materials, and encourage ongoing user adoption through the development of customer education programs.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with Product Management and executive leadership to develop clear product positioning and messaging that resonates with our customers, creating the market context that allows our sales and marketing teams to swim with the current instead of against it.
- Act as a primary external thought leader for the products you support, including speaking engagements and content creation.
- Spend at least 20% of your time 'outside the building' talking with customers, industry influencers, and thought leaders to understand our market and how our solutions fit into it.
- Maintain a comprehensive situational awareness of the competitive landscape, and lead initiatives to help us maintain our advantage.
- Work closely with our Field Enablement team to understand the needs of frontline sellers and CSMs, train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users, and develop internal and external collateral to support their needs.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support, including key activities to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Use data to understand the impact of your work on key metrics like win rate, product adoption, and customer churn.
- Coordinate cross-functional work for major events like product launches or responses to market changes.
- Use your knowledge of our market and competitive position to influence the product roadmap.
- Provide guidance for our demand generation and content teams on strategy and collateral that will resonate most with our customers and the market.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of overall experience (mobile, ad tech, or technology companies preferred).
- 2+ years in a market-facing SaaS role (such as product marketing/product management/sales/customer success), OR as a marketer/product owner/developer at a company in Branch's target markets.
- A well-developed habit of reading broadly to stay informed about your industry, interacting with thought leaders to refine your ideas, and connecting the dots in insightful and novel ways.
- Strong public speaking skills, comfortable in front of large, senior groups.
- Knowledge of the mobile ecosystem (including apps, app stores, and underpinning technical concepts such as SDKs and postbacks).
- Knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem (including familiarity with mobile measurement partners, ad networks, agencies, and ad platforms such as Facebook and Google).
- Experience creating and shipping your own content and campaigns, including customer-ready product slides.
- Excellent writing skills, able to distill complex technical concepts into understandable explanations and create engaging, clear, and jargon-free content.
- A track record of working cross functionally (paying special attention to not just Product and Marketing partners, but also enabling Sales and Customer Success organizations).
- An eye for detail, including the capability to oversee design work and even handle your own on smaller projects.
- The capacity to use and understand Branch's products, including complex technical concepts and attribution data flows.
- A keen ability to self-prioritize, including knowing when to trade detail-oriented perfection for high-level impact, and when to say 'no' to important and urgent requests in order to focus on the bigger picture.
- Familiarity with data analysis and how to use the output to inform your decisions.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 50,000 apps.
If you think this role is a good fit for your experience and interests, apply today! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!