We're looking for a Product Manager to join one of our Zap Creation teams at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach.
The Zap Creation teams collectively own our core workflow editor. As the cornerstone of Zapier, the editor is used by a vast array of customers at different levels of experience and for a nearly infinite variety of use cases. The team this PM will be on is responsible for the core technical foundations of this part of our product, including how Zaps are stored, accessed and modified. They will work closely with the other two PMs to develop a shared vision for editor and consistently deliver value for customers.
We’re looking for someone who knows how to zoom from vision to technical details, who knows how to connect deeply with our users and balance their needs with the complex constraints of an established product.
Location: PST (United States or Canada), New Zealand, or Eastern Australia
This isn't your first PM rodeo. You have 4+ years of product management experience, where you have experience setting a product strategy, and are hands on with execution. Experience working on technically complex products is a huge plus.
You’re a strong collaborator. You’ll be one of three PMs working on the editor, and one of many more working on the core workflow product as a whole. The ability to define a shared vision and navigate complex dependencies and competing priorities is key.
You communicate the vision for your team and then make it happen. You work with leadership to refine your team’s vision and set a 12 month roadmap for how you'll solve those problems. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently.
You know how to get results. Through collaboration with your team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You are data driven. You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects. You consider the long term impacts of experiments and look for more than just short term boost to metrics.
You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes. You can use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making. While you'll have resources on your team that are experts in these areas, you can fill in the gaps whenever needed.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You’ll Do
- Communicate a vision for the team looking out 3-12 months and build a roadmap to match that vision
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Talk with our customers and stakeholders to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and work closely with engineers on solutions
- Dig deep on data to understand trends and develop a better picture of the business, the product, or our customers.
- Measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- And above all, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.