We're looking for a Sr. Procurement Specialist who’s excited to build a world-class procurement program at Zapier. If you love building systems, crunching numbers, and negotiating with vendors while building strong partnerships, read on...
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 5+ years of Purchasing experience.
- You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You love to build. You like to create new processes and improve existing ones. You’re driven by efficiency.
- You love a good deal. You’ve got plenty of experience negotiating vendor contracts and enjoy the challenge of a tricky negotiation.
- You’re data oriented. You approach procurement from a “value per dollar” perspective, using data to help drive purchasing decisions.
- You’re highly organized. You can juggle dozens of renewals, while holding approvers accountable and keeping stakeholders informed.
- You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented and enjoy crunching numbers to find potential cost savings.
- You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You love to collaborate and coordinate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
- You’re financially savvy. You have experience navigating accounting systems and departmental budgets.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Own and improve Zapier’s procurement program
- Coordinate with approvers to keep purchases on time and on budget
- Work with our third party negotiation team to find savings
- Continue building our internal processes including Evergreen, Ironclad, and Tropic
- Track spend requests against available budgets
- Track renewal dates and help facilitate renewals in a timely manner
- Work closely with vendors to gather required documents
- Gather required needs from Stakeholders for new purchases and renewals
- Analyze spend history to find efficiency and reduction opportunities
- Assist in spend forecast with Financial Planning & Analysis team
- Identify new technology solutions
Since 2011, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth. UTC +4 through UTC +10
Our team of 350+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we pay based on the norms of your country)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US, Canadian-, and UK-based employees.